A vacancy has arisen for the Assistant Manager role at Manchester Climbing Centre. This is a varied role combining specific areas of responsibility, supporting the Centre Manager in all aspects of operating a busy climbing facility and acting in full responsibility in the Centre Manager’s absence.
The right candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Understand and share the Climbing Centre Group brand values. The Assistant Manager will be expected to maintain the highest safety standards and strive toward best practice in all areas of the business.
- Experience managing a team of 10 to 25 people.
- Experience working in the climbing or leisure industry.
Health & Safety
- A full understanding of health & safety in the workplace, with specific knowledge of the leisure environment.
- Climbing experience is desirable.
- An organised and detail-focuses approach to administration.
- Experience of leisure-management or other membership & booking based systems.
- Proficiency with IT, with a good understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good written communication skills.
Marketing & Sales
- The ability to deliver established marketing initiatives across diverse platforms.
- Able to analyse trends, identify market opportunities and react with specific local marketing initiatives, engaging both existing enthusiasts and potential new users.
- Experience in social media, electronic and direct marketing techniques.
- Confident copywriting for website and print media advertising.
- Confident direct sales manner.
- Experience managing account relations.
- Experience in administrating funding applications desirable.
- An analytical approach with experience of managing pre-defined budgets.
- Experience scheduling staff shifts, in order to create efficient weekly centre rotas.
- Ability to schedule centre work-flow to maximise efficiency and cater for demand.
Centre Daily Management
- The successful candidate will also take on the role of key-holder and Duty Manager as part of working within a rota system. They will take an active role in maintaining health & safety standards, high levels of customer service and contribute to a fun, vibrant and safe atmosphere for all our customers.
- The successful candidate will work with all members of the Manchester Climbing Centre team and senior management to maintain a positive working environment for all. This will include understanding operational and staffing issues and working with the Centre Manager to resolve any conflict.
- Dependant on your climbing experience and qualification, you may deliver courses to groups of children and adults, as appropriate to your level of training.
This is a full-time role, which will require working across the opening hours of the business, including evenings and weekends. Hours will be based upon a regular rota system.
Salary: £22.5k – £24.5k (depending on experience) plus bonus, pension scheme & free climbing.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter, highlighting why you would be suitable for the role based on the identified criteria, to Suzanne Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Wednesday the 15th of February 2017.